10 Jan 2022
Slack is an online messenger platform you can use to chat to other Climate Action groups and with with staff from Friends of the Earth.
You can use Slack to:
- Share ideas with and learn from other groups
- Find support when you need it
- Hear the latest campaign updates
People like you are already using Slack to share ideas about:
- Starting and running a group
- Organising a Climate Action event
- Working with their council
- A green recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Using Slack instead of email means we can all talk to each other much more easily. Slack is designed to be more:
- Accessible and transparent: It's easy to see what's already been said, even when you're late to join a conversation.
- Collaborative and efficient: Making decisions can be quicker and easier.
- Organised: You can keep discussions about different projects or ideas in one place.
- Customisable: You can control what you see and, crucially, what you don't see.
How Slack works
We recognise that Slack might feel new or different, so we’ve put together a series of short video tutorials to help you get started.
Sign up to Slack
How threads work
Writing a message
Update your Slack profile
Make Slack work for you
Head to foe.uk/climateactionslack to join Climate Action on Slack.
Or if you're already a Slack user, search for the workspace takeclimateaction.slack.com